Picnic on Mars
Celebrate the launch of NASA’s Mars rover Perseverance with the ultimate social distancing picnic kit
Outer space (and space in general) is looking pretty good these days. So we’re over-the-moon excited to celebrate the launch of NASA’s Mars Rover, Perseverance, later this month.
Join us Friday, July 31, on Seaport Common, as we hand out picnic kits to get you red-planet ready from 4:30pm-7:00pm. Think astronaut ice cream, Mars bars, nearly-weightless Seaport swag, and a postcard to send the 140-million miles back home (postage not included).
Once you have your space kit, be sure to pick up flight rations (known here on Earth as “takeout”) from one of our favorite neighborhood spots. Then stick around for some space jams at 5:30pm.
A few pre-flight notes:
– Please ensure you are wearing a face covering when you come to pick up your space picnic kit.
– Please maintain 6 feet of distance from others while picnicking.
– If you are waiting to pick up your kit, please use our social distancing markers to remain 6 ft from others in line.
Need inspiration for your flight rations? Here are a few recommendations from the local scientists:
– Shawarma dinner from Aceituna
– Yoki Amor sushi burrito from Yoki Express
– Chicken naan kati roll from Tikkaway
– Cold brew from Caffè Nero
– Boots on the Moooo’n from Ben & Jerry’s