Seaport Sweat: Zumba with Calvin Braxton
Boston’s biggest free workout series Seaport Sweat goes virtual, offering a variety of fitness classes to take from home. Seaport Sweat is adapting to the health and safety precautions of COVID-19 by offering this year’s exciting lineup of classes via Instagram Live on @seaportbos.
Seaport will donate $1 to The Boston Resiliency Fund for every person who RSVPs for Seaport Sweat. Sign up and sweat for a cause.
Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance-fitness class that incorporates Latin and International music and movements, creating a dynamic, exciting, exhilarating and effective fitness system. A Zumba class combines fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body using an aerobic/fitness approach to achieve a unique blended balance of cardio and muscle-toning benefits.
About The Instructor
Calvin Braxton is an American Council on Exercise (ACE) certified fitness instructor, licensed to teach ZUMBA. He brings his extensive background as an actor, singer and dancer to his teaching, making each class fun and entertaining. Calvin strives to make a personal connection with each and every participant. Many of his students praise him for his energy, care and attentiveness. Calvin looks forward to seeing you in a class soon!
How to Tune in Live:
To tune in and tone up with us, make sure you are following @seaportbos on instagram. When @seaportbos is live, the profile picture will appear with a colorful ring around it and the word LIVE. Click on the picture to watch. Find our profile by searching ‘seaportbos’ on Instagram.
We’re upgrading your Seaport Sweat experience:
As of 7/27, we will be offering both in-person and virtual Seaport Sweat classes. We are taking many extra safety precautions around the in-person classes. Please be committed to following attendee guidelines when joining us in-person and ensure our Seaport Common classes are comfortable and welcoming to all.
Seaport Sweat In-Person Attendee Safety Protocol:
1. Facial coverings are required for all class participants. Instructors and DJs will also be using face coverings during class.
2. Advance RSVPs are required to attend in-person classes. You can RSVP easily here on our Eventbrite page. Please ensure you select an “In-Person” ticket to hold an on-site space. To ensure we keep class sizes compliant with City requirements, we will not be able to accommodate walk-up class participants in this Phase of operations.
Virtual registrations will remain open and unlimited. If you are not yet comfortable joining us in-person, please continue to enjoy our classes from home through Instagram Live.
3. Attendees will need to check in with their class instructor and DJ upon arrival. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before the start of class to ensure sufficient time for check-in. Please look for the check-in signs which will be in place on Seaport Common, and the ground markers leading to these check-in signs, which will enable safe spacing during the process. If you are arriving for our second class of the evening (a 6:30pm class), please wait on the paved side of Seaport Common and allow the 5:30 pm class room to exit before lining up for check-in.
4. After checking in, please make your way to any available spot on the grass marked with the Seaport Sweat logo. Spots are placed a diameter of 12 feet to ensure sufficient physical distancing throughout each class. Please remain in your space during class. When class is over, please maintain 6 feet of distance from other class-participants as you leave Seaport Common.
5. Seaport Sweat classes will continue to be equipment-free. If you would like a mat, you are welcome to bring one with you to class. Instructors will refrain from any partner exercises or hands-on form corrections. Air-fives only, please!
Due to classes being filmed outdoors, rain dates will still apply and cancellations will be communicated through an email to attendees and @seaportbos.
This program is brought to you by @seaportbos.